Diablo Valley School enrolls students age 5 to 19 who do not require intense supervision and do not have severe disabilities that the staff is not equipped to handle. Space permitting, students can enroll and begin attending school after successfully completing the admissions process.
Steps to enrollment
1. Learn about how our educational model works. Explore the resources on this site and attend an Open House.
2. Schedule a family admissions visit ($25 fee) during school hours. Complete the printable Admissions Visit Request Form PDF and mail it to us, or call the school at 925-676-2982 and we’ll be glad to mail you a form.
3. Sign up for a visiting week for your child ($100).
4. After the visiting week is complete, attend a second family visit (no charge).
5. If all goes well during the visiting week and family admissions visits, and if everyone agrees that enrollment is appropriate, the enrollment packet can be filled out and returned to the school.
- Tuition payment is prorated based on the annual amount and the time of year the student enrolls.
- On occasion, the Admissions Committee or the family may request additional visiting weeks, $100 per week, before enrollment is discussed at the second family admissions visit.